Intro to Sailing
A one day class intended to introduce someone with no prior sailing experience to the joys of sailing. This also a good opportunity to meet ANSA instructors or as a chance to hone rusty skills. Students will meet at the boat and after short introductions and crew briefing will be heading out on the water where the majority of the instruction takes place. Students will have a chance to be hands-on while learning the basics of sailing including undocking, docking, tacking and jibing.
ONLINE TRAINING RESOURCES
- My first sail a free online introduction to sailing terms and concepts. Takes about 1 hour
- ASA Sailing Made Easy videos
- Closed toe non-marking and non-slip shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing. Note it tends to feel a little cooler on the water in Spring and Fall.
- A PFD will be worn and supplied.
A schedule of class dates is available on the ANSA calendar.
$40 / per person
Email the Rear Commodore for Training (firstname.lastname@example.org)